Wednesday, April 2, 2014

the alkaline diet


So this years resolutions were all about becoming healthier, fitter and simply feeling awesome in my own body- as I’ve never really felt that yet I thought it’s time for a change!!

Well. It’s April now and I can’t really say that I’ve done a lot.. That’s why I’m starting this blog. I want to get a move on so I will document my process- for myself and for others that are interested.
First of all, I thought it’s good to start with a detox week. I’m doing something that’s called alkaline fasting/diet. Basically, you only eat alkaline things – acid is bad for you :P
Alkaline food is generally vegetables, fruits and some nuts. Yes, that’s it. No dairy products, no meat or fish, no bread or pasta and just spring water- no alcohol, no softdrinks etc. 
Moreover, you shouldn’t eat raw vegetables/fruits after 2pm, you shouldn’t eat anything at all after 6pm and make sure to provide your body with enough water- try to drink at least 2-3 litres a day.
Sounds tough I know- especially when you’re like me and you love pasta and cheeeeese and stuff like that. But I want to discipline myself only for this one week.

It’s recommended to drink a pint of Epsom salt a day before you want to start the detox and again when you’re halfway through. It tastes disgusting and it makes you run for the toilet every hour – so you should really do this on a Saturday or Sunday when you know you don’t have to go out of your flat/house.

Also of course- exercise! I’m using this app called „Seven“. It’s great when you (like me) just started exercising regularly – or want to start. In the free version there are 12 different exercises. Each exercise  lasts 30 seconds  then you have a  10 seconds pause. So basically, this workout routine only takes you seven minutes and everyone can spare seven minutes a day.
When you’re more advanced you can simply change it to 40 seconds or something- whatever you like. I think it’s a good app to start exercising. Of course the exercises will get boring after a while when you’re only using the free version but I will continue using this app for as long as I’m not bored with it. (I won’t pay anything though)
My biggest issue are my thighs so I do squats when I’m brushing my teeth for a week now. I only come to about 40-50 though. It’s tough when you’ve got thoothpaste running down your chin already :P

In my next post I will give you some ideas of what I eat in a day. I hope I inspired you to try out the alkaline diet too and I hope you enjoyed reading my post.
Until then,
x
katsees


1 comment: